Musio is a brand new software instrument plugin that we developed ourselves, designed for simplicity and ease of use, with subscription-based access to the cloud-based catalog. Search, Load, Play. The intention is to give new users who are not familiar with Kontakt or don’t have thousands of dollars to spend on libraries a more accessible entry point.
In return for giving us testing feedback, the Musio Beta Team allows passionate composers the opportunity to use everything Musio currently has to offer for free as well as brand new, unreleased content with their own setups on a regular basis and long before they are made available to the public.
Join the Musio Beta Team and help make our current content, application, and new features coming to Musio even better. Share your feedback by submitting feedback tickets and/or filling out a testing Google Form, and reporting problems directly to the developers.
As a beta tester, you will get the following perks and more:
– Free and instant access to the 30+ sample libraries currently in Musio, including some of our most sought after flagship libraries like CinePerc, CineBrass, CineWinds, CineHarps, Piano In Blue, VOXOS and many others
– Early free access to brand new libraries and content that are added monthly to Musio such as our latest libraries: Drums of War 3, Industry Brass, and Collision Impact Designer
– Getting to be a part of our private and exclusive beta testing community with direct communication access to other testers but also the people and team at Cinesamples and Musio
– Receive awards for length of time as a tester, best demo in a demo contest, or other similar situations and receive gift cards, Cinesamples store credit, one-on-one Google Hangouts calls with our team, etc.
– That awesome feeling of ownership in that you helped build this thing through your feedback and also a sense of satisfaction in improving our customer’s experience
Beta testers are selected based on various criteria that can change depending on the current testing needs. For example, we may be in need of more testers who use a specific digital audio workstation or specific operating systems, etc.
We are also looking for people who are passionate about music and music technology, who have an eye for detail, are willing to commit to the testing requirements, and are excited about our products and access to our private beta community and team.
After being selected to participate in the beta test, we will send you an email with an account sign up link where you can then create your account and further instructions on getting set up!
Here are the minimum specs you would need in order to run Musio on your system and to be a beta tester:
– Mac – Supported on macOS version 10.14 or above (M1 is also supported)
– PC – Supported on Windows 10 or above and Intel i5 4th Gen (or newer) or Ryzen R5 series
– RAM – Recommended 16gb+
– Works on most major DAWs that use AU, AAX or VST3.
– Hard Drive Space: depends on instrument use – Recommended free space: 200gb
We cannot guarantee that everyone will be selected to participate in the beta testing. Something that might prevent you from being able to join is if your computer operating system is not compatible (see the answer above to see if your OS is supported). Another would be not being able to commit to the testing requirements (at least one feedback submitted per month). Also, the beta team may be full and at capacity at which point, if you did meet the requirements, we would place you on our Waiting List and get you into the team as soon as we could!
We understand that priorities can sometimes change and other responsibilities can impact a person’s ability to beta test. If that ever happens for you, you can end being a beta tester at any time. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your situation. We will then remove the free access to Musio and remove your name from our list of beta testers, but that doesn’t mean that you could never return in the future and become a tester again. Whenever you’re ready again, just reach out to us!
The testing has already begun and is ongoing!
You will not have to pay a fee to be a beta tester or to use Musio at all while testing. Everything is completely free.
If you are interested in joining the beta team, fill out our Recruiting Survey. We will contact you from there!
We encourage our beta testers to regularly use Musio in their daily work and projects and to report feedback as it comes up naturally. Along with that, we will send out a Google Form at least once a month with new application features, improvements, or new instrument content that specifically needs tested that we will ask our testers to test, fill out and submit.
There are three ways to submit feedback as a beta tester: submitting a feedback ticket through the Musio application, filling out a Google Form that will be sent to you with specific things that need to be tested, or making a post in our private Discord server with the feedback you want to provide.
You will not need to sign a NDA and can talk freely in public about your experiences using Musio as a beta tester.
The minimum amount of time required for beta testers is about 15 minutes per month wherein the tester will submit at least one of the following: submit a feedback ticket, fill out a testing Google Form when something specific needs tested, or specific feedback relayed through our Discord server.
However, the ideal beta tester will be using Musio on a regular basis as they work on their own personal or professional projects and then reporting feedback as they come across it in their natural environment. This ideal tester would also be active in talking with other testers in our private Discord community, as well as taking that 15 minutes to fill out the Google Form when that time arises each month.
Please send an email with your question to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you!